Nuvo H2O Manor Salt-Free (Complete) Water Softener System Review
Salt free water softeners are becoming popular in the water softener market since they require no salt, so your drinking water is unaffected, and they provide an environmentally friendly solution to your home needs.
These products are not only becoming more popular but they are also starting to become a necessity for each and every home in the world. With all the health problems surrounding us, it is one less problem to think about knowing that what you are drinking everyday is safe and clean as well as beneficial to your overall long-term health. These devices provide safe and clean water to each and every home that they serve, and most of them come with warranties so you won’t have to worry about any additional expenses for the next 10-15 years.
DISCLAIMER: Not everyone is fan of salt-free systems though – many people (including us) preach that salt-based systems are the only true way to eliminate hard water. Click here to read more about the ongoing battle between salt-free and salt-based systems.
The Nuvo H20 manor complete salt-free water softening system is has received some great and some terrible reviews, meaning it works for some, but not for other. It has some great features and benefits, so read this review and find out if it’s a go-er or a no-er for your situation!
Our OVERALL Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
- No salt or additives required
- Small and slim system
- Easy installation
- Great warranty & money back guarantee
- Easy to use and operate
- Not suitable for water with hardness over 10 GPG or well water
- Requires replacement filter cartridges 1-2 times per year
- A decent amount of users claim it does not work (these customers have very hard water however)
- Salt-free water softener system (uses nanotechnology to change the structure of the water).
- Requires a filter to operate (which requires changing)
- Approximately 60 000 gallon capacity before changing the filter.
- Super compact size – 8” wide by 29” long (ideal for condos, small apartments and other small areas)
- 90 day money back guarantee and lifetime warranty on the product.
- Designed for homes 2100 square feet and above.
- Built in by-pass valve and pressure release valve.
What We Liked About Nuvo H2O
Removes existing scale and prevents it from forming – Salt free water softeners utilize advanced technology to change the atom makeup of your hard water. Two things happen: existing scale on your pipes and appliances is removed, and future scale does not build up.
Great drinking water (no salt) – Since there is no need to add salt of potassium to your system, your new soft water will taste great (salt based systems in comparison, produce soft water that has high levels of sodium, and unpleasant to drink).
Ease of use – This system is quite easy to use – it requires no salts, magnets, electricity or waste to run. In addition to this, users rave about the simplicity of using the shut-off valve and filter.
Great warranty and money back guarantee – This is essentially a risk free purchase as you get a 90 day money back guarantee and lifetime warranty once this period is over.
What We Didn’t Like About NuvoH2O
Costs of replacing the filter – Yes, there is no salt to add, but you are going to have to change the filter for the life of the product, which costs approximately $50-$100 per cartridge. One filter lasts approximately 6 months for average water usage (120 000 gallons per year) so its a good idea to calculate your average water usage and see how you measure up – if you are above average, it may be costly to change the filter more often.
Warning: Overuse of this machine could mean that you spend a LOT of money on filters.
inefficient for hard water & well water – Because of the costs of the filter replacement cartridge, this softener is not suitable for very hard water, or well water (which is typically has high levels of sulfa and iron)If you are on well water you may find yourself replacing the filter every 2-3 months which could be costly.
Warning: we only recommend this machine if your water is on the weak side of the hardness scale.
Best Suited For
- Customers who want a simple solution – It’s easy to install, run and maintain, meaning it’s a ‘set and forget’ solution.
- Want great tasting drinking water – this system does not use salts or additives, meaning your drinking water tastes…perfect!
- Households with space limits – this system is slim and compact, meaning it can be installed just about anywhere.
- Green consumers – this represents an environmentally friendly way to soften hard water.
Not So Great For...
- Households with water hardness over 10 GPG- This will still work however you’ll be changing the filter more often, which will cost you. Choose a salt free system instead!
- Households on well water – The sediments commonly found in well water will clog up this system
If you are a fan of salt-free water softeners, the Nuvo H20 manor complete salt-free water softening system is a great option to consider. Besides the fact that is super compact and very simple to use, it offers a very solid money back guarantee and lifetime warranty, so if it doesn’t perform for you in the first 3 months, you can send it back for a refund. If you respect the earth and are looking for an environmentally friendly water softener, this is definitely the one for you. In addition to this, if you have health issues or are on a sodium restricted diet, your going to have to avoid salt-based systems, and this is a great salt-free system for consideration. NOT RECOMMENDED for anyone with water hardness over 10GPG or if you run off well water!! but for everyone else, this is an innovative salt-free water softener which will keep your hard water problems at bay for years. All in all, a great salt-free softener option, suited for medium sized families who are looking for an easy to run system that’s easy to fit in small places.
Our Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars