Fleck 7000sxt Water Softener
(With By-Pass Valve) – 2018 Review
Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
When you’re talking about the The Fleck 7000 metered 64 000 grain capacity water softener, you’re talking serious water softener business. Being such a large system, you’ll want to be sure its the right one for you if you’re giving it some consideration. Being the new kid on the block, with some new innovative features, this system has some big shoes to fill after the success of other Fleck water softening systems, such as the 5600 model.
This is another wonderful product from Fleck. The 7000 model is one of the best products that the brand has released these past few years. Certainly a good choice for home-owners.
Suited for large, to very large households, and even light commercial situations, means its needs to be a confident powerhouse, but at the same time, an intelligent machine. Lets size her up:
- Very efficient at softening hard water.
- Can handle high usage
- By pass valve - can turn the system off and on with the flick of a switch
- Save's you money - smart process ensures the system is only running when it needs to
- Very large system - overkill for smaller homes
- Very heavy - installation may be tricky alone
- Expensive system
- Standard design– Two tank configuration with a separate brine tank in a nice beige color.
- By pass valve included– the handy inclusion of a by-pass valve means you can stop the system providing soft water with the simple turn of a knob
- Very high capacity system– 64 000 grain means you can convert plenty of hard water to soft water.
- Smart technology– this system makes use of an integral microprocessor based control. It will measure your water consumption, and regenerate only as required, meaning lower salt consumption (up to 40% less!), saving you money.
- High structural strength– The resin tank is made by the Structural company, and is poly lined and fiberglass reinforced. Good to know that such a big system is built tough as nails.
- Warranty– is 5 years on the valve/controls and brine tank, 10 years on the resin tanks
- Lifetime 24/7 support– having issues? Call anytime for reliable and honest help. Great customer service means a world of difference when dealing with issues.
- Free shipping– live within the Continental US, they will ship this beast right to your door, free of charge
What We Liked About Fleck 7000sxt Water Softener
Smart processor makes running it a breeze – The techy processing system will ensure your system is running at the optimum settings 24/7. It will read your usage levels and adjust accordingly, leading too…
Cost savings – The smart processor means highly efficient operations, so you use less salt and water.
High capacity system – This is a large system, made for high usage, so it has the ability to handle huge amounts of hard water each week.
By pass valve – An extremely handy feature when you need to stop the system temporarily
Awesome customer support – 24/7 customer support means you will never be left out In the cold. Lifetime benefits.
What We Didn't Like About Fleck 7000sxt Water Softener
Large system, may be overkill – You must ensure you need a system this large, so check out our water softener calculator. Buying a bigger system than you need will not cost you more in running costs, it will just cost you more initially.
Do you have the space? – Takes up approximately 3 1/4 foot by 2 ft, so make sure you can accommodate it and still have free access to maintain it and change salt.
Heavy lifting – When installing the actual system, or when changing the salt, make sure you have the manpower. The salt comes in 100 pound bags and tends to stick together into ‘clumps’, which make top up work heavy lifting.
Best Suited For
- Large household – if you have 3 bathrooms or more – this is your best option for softening hard water.
- Households who are concerned with running costs – the smart processor in this system will ensure it runs only to the most efficient schedule.
- Small office buildings – Yep, this will even work for small office buildings
This water softening system is made to handle high volumes of water consumption, but at the same time, minimize water (and salt) usage as much as possible. When you’re dealing with volumes of hard water this high, a smart computer system, like the one included, can save you loads of money.
This is a great choice for large families (5 people and over) who will typically go through lots of water. Its also suitable for light commercial buildings, such as small offices and factories.
If you have a smaller household, or your water is on the lower end of the hardness scale, this system may be overkill, and it may be a tough job installing it into a tight space. Look for a smaller salt based system, or even a salt-free system if you prefer.
The fleck 7000 metered 64 000 grain capacity water softening system- a high quality salt based system ideal for extremely hard water, and high water usage situations.