Fleck 5600sxt Digital Metered (48 000 Grain) Water Softener - 2018 Review
Overall Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
The Fleck 5600sxt digital metered softener is Flecks best selling sytem for the medium-large household. The digital display system combined with it's unique specifications, makes setting-up and running this system a breeze.
Being a salt-based system means it DOES require regeneration, but Fleck have done a fine job of automating this process; you can almost ‘set and forget’.
In terms of softening hard water, this system is one of the best rated systems out there, as it softens hard water without fail, every single time. So, if you are on the lookout for a wonderful product that you can rely on; then the Fleck 5600sxt is the model for you. I have reviewed it personally and I know many people that have tried it as well and have not been disappointed yet. It is highly recommended, and it is one of the more affordable systems in the market currently.
Spend the next 2 minutes reading our review to see why this system will make you smile
- Effective at softening hard water.
- Great warranty
- Meter regenerated - runs off your water meter automatically.
- Large capacity.
- Saves money, eliminates headaches
- Heavy & bulky system
- Running costs of using salt pellets (if used incorrectly)
- Overkill for smaller homes.
Specifications Of The Fleck 5600sxt
Being a 48 000 grain capacity system and salt-based, means that this set up is hands down one of the most effective way to soften hard water. In simple terms, it uses resin beads and salt pellets to soften hard water, and requires regeneration to clean the resin beads every so often.
Sounds like a bit of work right? Wrong - Fleck have designed this system to be maintenance free, with a simple to use meter-based control system; just set your figures into the display computer all you have to do is replace the salt pellets every so often.
When you buy this system you get the softening system computer, and a large brine tank - so you will need a drain, and standard 120v power outlet handy for it to do its thing.
Made for a medium-large home, it's size is 10" x 54" (tank) with a 14" x 17" x 33" brine tank. Quite a large system in comparison to others on the market, so make sure you have sufficient room before you purchase. As a guide, it will take up about a 3ft X 18 inches wide areas once installed
- Meter regeneration reduces running costs - Having a meter regenerated system is an easy system to run and maintain. It regenerates based on your water usage, and another reason this is great is that at time of high or low water usage, your softener will work at the right level- meaning it reduces running costs.
- Risk free warranty - you get a 5 year warranty on the system, and a 10 year warranty on tank, however it will last a lifetime if you maintain it according to the instructions.
- Easy to use control panel - Back lit LCD display with easy to use touch-pad controls - techy and a little bit sexy!
- Easy installation - it Can be installed by a confident DIY installer- if you have some basic plumbing skills, install yourself and save some money.
- Value for money - What you're paying for this system represents great value for such a high performing system.
- It's Bulky and Heavy - make sure you have the room, and the manpower to move it, and install it (its not a one man job).
- Salt levels must be maintained - Since its a salt based system, you need to replace the salt pellets every so often in order for it to continually soften your water. You can pick these up from most department or hardware stores.
Is Fleck 5600 sxt The Right System For Me?
Best Suited For...
- Families of up to 6 people with 3 standard bathrooms or less
- People looking for a ‘set and forget’ system - meter based regeneration so it regenerates based on your water usage
- Areas that experience Moderate to very hard water - If your water is harder than a biker on steroids this is a great option, as salt based systems are the most effective way to soften hard water.
Not So Great For...
- Very small households - you could get away with something less bulky and high usage based.
- Very large households - if you have more than 3 bathrooms, or you know that your water usage is ridiculously high, you will want to go up a size to something like as the fleck 7000 water softener.
- People on Sodium restricted diets - your softened water will have higher than normal levels of sodium which is fine unless you are restricted - so consult with a health professional if this is you.
In a nutshell: If you have a family of 3-6 people and you're sick and tired of the problems that come with hard water, the Fleck 5600 SXT is the best valued and most effective solution for you - hands down. In fact - all Fleck systems have been consistently rated as the top performers in their field - which is very promising.
Over 85% of homes in the united states experience hard water, but if you're in the majority who receive hard water, your only option for fixing the problem is to go for a salt-based water softener; and this system is the best in its category. You will want to make sure that you have the room and facilities for it to run effectively (a drain and power outlet nearby).
If you're looking for a something that:
- SAVES you money based on regeneration cycles.
So, there you have it! We have listed everything there is to know about the Fleck 5600sxt, whether it be good or bad you have it on here. We hope that this helps you with your next purchase knowing the features, specifications and prices for this product. Overall, we still think that you can go wrong with the Fleck 5600 sxt as it does what most water softeners do, and its price tag isn't too shabby either.
Do yourself a favour and consider the Fleck 5600sxt; just like the thousands of other happy customers, you will not regret purchasing this machine and hard water problems will become a thing of the distant past!