Aquasana EQ-1000 Whole House Water Filter System (10-Year 1000000-Gallon) with Pro Install Kit Review
The Aquasana EQ-1000 Whole House water filter is a high-capacity system from the lovely Aquasana range, that, once installed, will provide filtered water throughout your house for up to 10 years (or 1 million gallons) without any maintenance apart from replacement pre-filters being needed.
Yes this is more of a filter as opposed to a water softener, and its a damn fine filter at that. If you are looking for a water softener, check out this page for the top picks.
The filter’s rated output is 7 gallons per minute and the water that passes through the three stage system will reduce the amount of chlorine in your home’s water by over 97%.
In addition to all of this, it will remove microscopic particles and dirt from your water and at the same time improve the taste and odor. The water that you get from your faucets will be almost chlorine free, taste better and also be pH balanced – for the next 10 years.
Lets take a closer look at this system and uncover why its gotten such great reviews.
Our Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
- Large capacity - can deal with huge amounts of water
- Great warranty
- Comes with a 3 month money-back guarantee
- Improves the taste & smell of your water
- Does not remove hard water (this is a water filter)
- Tricky installation - a professional is required (at an extra cost)
- Huge machine - do you have the space?
This is a 3 stage filtration system which contains:
- A Sediment Pre-filter – For removing dust, dirt, rust and other debris
- A Main Filter – Containing copper-zinc, mineral stone and activated charcoal to remove chlorine, water-soluble minerals, scale, inhibits bacteria and algae growth, reduces herbicides, pesticides and other chemical compounds.
- A Sub-micron Post-filter – to finally remove any sediment or organic compounds down to 0.35 microns in size.
Its built to be a long lasting machine, and you can be sure of this with the warranty that comes with it – the filter system is designed for 10 years operation (or 1 million gallons – see below)
What about size? Being such a Large capacity machine means it’s designed to cope with all the water used in a house .
Fittings included – the filter system come supplied with a free professional grade installation kit.
lastly, customers love this machine because it’s warrantied for 10 years and comes with a 90 day satisfaction guarantee – if you’re not satisfied within the first 3 months, return it for your money back!
What We Liked About Aquasana Water Filter
- High Output – At 7 gallons per minute (that’s over 1,000 gallons a day), the Aquasana EQ-1000 Whole House Filter will more than cope with most family’s water requirements.
- Made in the USA – Unlike many competing filter this unit is made in the US. That means that the quality and supply of any replaceable pre- filters or post-filters is always available.
- Improves both the Taste and Smell of Your Water – The three stage filtration system not only removes particles and chemicals from your water it tastes and smells better as well.
- US Based Customer Service – Don’t you just hate it when you have technical difficulties with a product, and when you call customer support you are forwarded to a country where the person on the other line cant understand you? That doesn’t happen with this company. Aquasana’s US based customers service hotline is open 6 days a week to help with any problems or enquiries.
- Highly Rated By Users – The Aquasana EQ-1000 Whole House Filter system has received high feedback from it’s customers for the quality or the filter system and the noticeable improvement noticed in their water, for both taste and smell.
What We Didn’t Like About Aquasana Water Filter
- May need Professional Installation – In many cases it is possible to install the Aquasana EQ-1000 Whole House Filter system yourself but, depending on the routing of your existing water inlet pipes it is sometimes advisable to use a professional plumber. Aquasana recommend the use of a professional in all cases.
- Space for Installing the System – If you have the room in, for example, a basement the 44” long by 46” high and 9” wide system probably will be easy to locate. However, should that not be the case, it can be problematical in finding the room to install. It is recommended that you check for a location to site your unit before buying.
Best Suited For
- Families who want clean, fresh water that is guaranteed to be free of nasty contaminants for AT LEAST the next 10 years
- Houses where hard water is not problematic – remember, this is a water filter, not a softener, so it won’t fix hard water issues.
- Large household’s – This system can filter water in houses with up to 3 1/2 bathrooms without any drop in water pressure, and large households with minimal notices in water pressure drops.
Not So Great For...
- Very small households – This system is huge – if you have a small house (2 bathrooms or less) this is overkill. Check out these smaller water filters.
- Households plagued with hard water – This will only remove nasty contaminants so your water is great for drinking. If you’re looking for something to stop hard water, check out a water softener.
This is a highly rated system according to buyers who have left feedback. The large capacity of the unit is, according to the manufacturers, sufficient to supply a house of up to 3,500 sq. ft. and 3 ½ baths without any drop in water pressure.
Although it not inexpensive to initially buy this, as it last’s for 10 years (minimum) it does give good value for money. Finding a good location to site the unit could possibly present a challenge in smaller houses without a basement.
The 90 day satisfaction guarantee, which will give you a complete refund of the cost of your filter system (apart from return shipping costs) shows the degree of confidence the manufacturers have with their product. Any-time you are offered a guarantee like this normally means you are onto a good thing, why else would they offer such a thing?
In summary: this is more of a water filter, so if you have very hard water content, go for a salt based system (or read about the differences here) For everyone else wanting clean, fresh water that is guaranteed to be free of nasty contaminants for AT LEAST the next 10 years, this is a solid option!
Our Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Looking for more water softener information or advice? start by visiting the Water Softener Critic homepage – a water softener information hub.
Looking for more reviews? we’ve got you covered on our water softener review page.
How about some helpful articles about hard and soft water? These articles are what you’re looking for!